Friday, March 27, 2009

Parade Interview with Kristen


Twilight star Kristen Stewart trades in her forbidden vampire romance for awkward love at an amusement park.

Stewart joins Jesse Eisenberg as a couple of '80s teens awkwardly trying to find romance in Adventureland. And Kristen thinks struggling to get it right is what makes this film real.

Q: Are you as awkward as your character when it comes to love?

A: I don't think I'm ever going to not fumble around. I think that's just life. That's how you live life is you fumble around.

Q: Have you found it more difficult to have relationships since your rise to fame?

A: The hardest thing in life is to maintain personal relationships and to feel like they're real and genuine. You're always going to have expectations that you're trying to meet and you just have to roll with it.

Q: Did you find yourself bringing any of your own relationship experiences into the role?

A: No, not at all, the characters that I play are so different. I always make sure that they're a completely different person from me. I didn't think that it was necessary to bring my own life into it. I could just imagine what it would be like for her.

Q: You seem so sure of who you are, was it difficult to play someone who was as you say "self-loathing?"

A: I have friends that I can sort of see in her. Like my favorite aspects of her I feel like I know a lot of those kind of girls that are wracked with feelings of inadequacy, but they're actually the greatest people that I know. And so if they could just realize that, they could have everything that they wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment